Wednesday, December 6, 2006

in the works and in the mail



i am working on a poncho right now. i have about 5 inches left to go! it is a very simple lace pattern i got from the Lion Brand web site. i am also not so patiently awaiting the sock yarn i ordered to arrive in the mail. however, being that our mailbox was STOLEN a day or so before the snow storm i will have to check with the post office to see if it has arrived. why in the world someone would take a mailbox of all things is beyond me! they took ours and our neighbors. jason did the neighborly thing and replaced theirs before ours (there mailbox was taken also). when he went to replace ours he pulled the post out of the box and it was defective. then the snow and ice came. so anyway, we still have no mailbox because there is about 12 inches of snow and ice at the end of the yard from plowing. i guess it is a good thing in a way because i have lots of other things i am working on. a friend asked me yesterday if if would make a scarf for him to give away as a christmas gift. so that will have to come before any yarn dying adventures!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Staycee! I just found your blog! I'll book mark you and come by again. I saw your post about "counting sheep." I do the same thing! It comforts and relaxes me to think about knitting! Call me weird but...it works!