Tuesday, December 26, 2006

what is wrong with people

So we were out of town for the weekend and when we got home some friendly person wished us a Merry Christmas by slashing all four of my tires. Last night my sister and I were leaving the house and as we backed down the driveway we noticed some teen aged kids leaning up against our backyard fence. As we slowed down they started to run. When we pulled out and on to the street behind my house they ran the other way. We turned around and pulled into my driveway and called the city police. My sister got out of the car to get the spare key I had left for her out from its hiding spot and the kids started throwing eggs at her and the car. At that point she ran back to the car and we started driving around the block and called 911. As we were driving on the street they started throwing eggs at the car again. We met a police officer at a near by gas station and he followed us back and made sure no one had gone into the house. What a mess. It really sucks that these kids can just go around and do things like slash people's tires and throw eggs at your car with no consequences. We had to pay $500 to get new tires put on the car just because of some mean kids.
In knitting news I got a new book for Christmas with a pattern for The Hour Glass Sweater. I am thinking about making that my next project. I am also looking at Under the Hoodie from Stitch n Bitch. I have plans with a friend to start teaching her how to knit on Sunday. I bought her a kit and some yarn for Christmas.
I am off now to visit with my sister and 2 year old niece who are in from out of town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really awful about those kids. I don't understand how people can be that way, either. One time, someone just stole the tail light off of my husband's truck. They just took the entire thing out and I guess used it for their truck.